Work for SouthDocs!
The Southern Documentary Project is hiring a full-time Producer/Director. Please tell all of your filmmaking friends.
Find the full posting here: https://jobs.olemiss.edu/postings/10756
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Creates documentary projects.
2. Takes an active role in documentary production training and academic curriculum by directly working with students in classroom settings and in the field.
3. Responsible for meeting production deadline and for final product.
4. Schedules the production in terms of pre-production, production and post-production.
5. Supervises/directs production staff (Editors, Videographers, Student Interns, Writers, etc.).
6. Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
1. Creates documentary projects and institutional productions.
2. Schedules production and supervises and/or directs production staff.
The Southern Documentary Project is an institute of the Center for the Study of Southern Culture. SouthDocs produces short and feature length documentary films as part of the Center’s mission of investigating, documenting, interpreting, and teaching about the American South.
The academic mission of the Southern Documentary Project is to train the next generation of storytellers. As an institute of the Center for the Study of Southern Culture, SouthDocs teaches and mentors undergraduate and graduate students in the Southern Studies academic program and the Cinema minor program. Students come to the program with a range of experience in visual storytelling. Some have never used a camera before, and others are experienced filmmakers interested in applying their craft to telling the stories of the South.