Alumnus Kevin Mitchell (middle) cooks on the Today Show with Hoda Kotb and Carson Daly.
The interdisciplinary nature of the Center has since its founding drawn students with a diverse range of interests who go on to pursue many different fields, both scholarly and in the arts, humanities, social justice, law, and business.
We want to build a better contact list for alumni of the Southern Studies BA, MA and MFA programs. Please click here to fill out a quick form.
In each edition of the Center newsletter The Southern Register, we profile alumni in different fields. Click below to read a sampling of those stories.
- Alumni in Academia from the Summer 2011 Southern Register
- Alumni in the Professions from Fall 2011 Southern Register
- Alumni in Academia from Winter 2012 Southern Register
- Alumni in Business from Summer 2013 Southern Register
- Alumni Documenting the South from Fall 2015 Southern Register
- Alumni Presenting Southern Culture from Spring 2016 Southern Register
- Alumni in Publishing from the Fall 2016 Southern Register