How to Give
Make a contribution online or if you wish to mail a contribution, please send it to
The University of Mississippi Foundation/CSSC
406 University Avenue
Oxford, MS 38655
If you wish, you may choose the option of a recurring monthly gift, which allows you to break your gift into smaller increments.
How your gift helps
Gifts to the Center for the Study of Southern Culture benefit teaching, publications, and outreach at the first interdisciplinary research center dedicated to investigating, documenting, interpreting, and teaching about the American South. A gift to the Center supports
- Assistantships for students in the growing M.A. program, now in its 27th year and attracting talented students both nationally and internationally
- Faculty growth, such as the 2014 addition of a resident Foodways professor
- Publication of The New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture, the Mississippi Encyclopedia, and Living Blues magazine
- The work of the Southern Documentary Project, a center institute devoted to documentary filmmaking and sound.
- The many oral history projects, films, outreach events, and publications of Center institute the Southern Foodways Alliance
- Radio programs like Highway 61 and Sounds of the South
- Annual outreach events like the Oxford Conference for the Book, the Blues Today Symposium, the Future of the South Conference, and the Music of the South Symposium
Where Your Gift Goes
FRIENDS OF THE CENTER FUND
The Center’s Friends program provides essential general operating support for the areas noted above. When contributing online, choose the Friends of the Center field.
CHARLES REAGAN WILSON GRADUATE STUDENT SUPPORT FUND
During his 33 years as a professor, Dr. Charles Reagan Wilson has been a mentor for many University of Mississippi students studying southern history and culture. His scholarship on history and memory continues to shape the field, and his ability to bring history to life for students is unmatched. His work with the Encyclopedia of Southern Culture and New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture demonstrated a broad and inclusive approach to scholarship that he has shared with his students.
In honor of Dr. Wilson’s retirement and long career supporting and guiding students, we have created the Charles Reagan Wilson Graduate Student Support Fund, which will provide financial support for graduate students engaged in research in southern history. Students from both the Department of History and Center for the Study Southern Culture’s Southern Studies program will benefit from these funds.
Click here and choose “Charles Reagan Wilson Graduate Support Fund” to make a contribution. Gifts may also be mailed to UM Foundation, PO Box 249, University, MS 38677. Please indicate that the gift is for the CRW Fund.
Designated LEADERSHIP LEVEL GIFTS
If you wish, you may designate a gift for a specific area, such as a named professorship, scholarship, or sponsorship of outreach events. Contact Nikki Neely, Director of Development for the College of Liberal Arts, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662.915.6678 with questions and for more information.