How to Give
Make a contribution online or if you wish to mail a contribution, please send it to
The University of Mississippi Foundation/CSSC
406 University Avenue
Oxford, MS 38655
Make checks out to UM Foundation – CSSC.
If you wish, you may choose the option of a recurring monthly gift, which allows you to break your gift into smaller increments while providing ongoing, sustained support.
How your gift helps
Gifts to the Center for the Study of Southern Culture benefit teaching, publications, and outreach at the first interdisciplinary research center dedicated to investigating, documenting, interpreting, and teaching about the American South. A gift to the Center supports
- Assistantships for students in the MA and MFA in Documentary Expression programs
- Faculty growth, such as the 2014 addition of a resident Foodways professor
- Publication of the Mississippi Encyclopedia (both in print and online), Living Blues magazine, and our online journal Study the South
- The work of the Southern Documentary Project, a center institute devoted to documentary filmmaking and sound
- Documentary photography exhibitions in the Gammill Gallery in Barnard Observatory
- The many oral history projects, films, outreach events, and publications of Center institute the Southern Foodways Alliance
- State-wide partnerships to tell Mississippi stories, working with the Mississippi Humanities Council, Mississippi Department of Archives and History, the Mississippi Arts Commission, and Mississippi Public Broadcasting
- Radio programs like Highway 61
- Outreach events, such as the Oxford Conference for the Book and the South Talks speaker series
Where Your Gift Goes
FRIENDS OF THE CENTER FUND
The Center’s Friends program provides essential general operating support for the areas noted above. When contributing online, choose the Friends of the Center field.
CHARLES REAGAN WILSON GRADUATE STUDENT SUPPORT FUND
During his 33 years as a professor, Dr. Charles Reagan Wilson was a mentor for many University of Mississippi students studying southern history and culture. His scholarship on history and memory continues to shape the field, and his ability to bring history to life for students is unmatched. His work with the Encyclopedia of Southern Culture and New Encyclopedia of Southern Culture demonstrates a broad and inclusive approach to scholarship that he shared with his students.
In honor of Dr. Wilson’s retirement and long career supporting and guiding students, we created the Charles Reagan Wilson Graduate Student Support Fund, which provides financial support for graduate students engaged in research in southern history. Students from both the Department of History and Center for the Study Southern Culture’s Southern Studies program will benefit from these funds.
Click here and choose “Charles Reagan Wilson Graduate Support Fund” to make a contribution. Gifts may also be mailed to UM Foundation, 406 University Avenue, Oxford, MS 38655. Please indicate that the gift is for the CRW Fund.
Designated LEADERSHIP LEVEL GIFTS
If you wish, you may designate a gift for a specific area, such as a named professorship, scholarship, or sponsorship of outreach events. Contact Nikki Neely, Director of Development for the College of Liberal Arts, at email@example.com or 662.915.6678 with questions and for more information.